We are looking for a role of Senior Legal counsel with significant US and international experience that will cover a wide array of matters within the corporate legal department. The US and international experience will likely lead to particular focus on the following areas:
- Corporate development and M&A transactions
- Equity and debt capital markets transactions for the Group’s own account
- Investor relations matters and financial information reporting to foreign stock exchanges and regulators
- Financial sector regulatory specific matters, with emphasis on capital and accounting matters
The Santander Corporate Legal team key role is providing legal advice in the following areas:
- Corporate and internal governance
- Corporate structure (including alliances and investment holdings) and the management and governance bodies of the entities pertaining to or invested from the Group parent.
- Corporate development and M&A transactions (including those arising from innovation projects)
- Finance (including the equity and debt capital markets activities for the Group’s own account), financial accounting and control, risks (excluding the approval of transactions, for which the business legal affairs departments are responsible), audit and compliance.
The team has some 20 members generally organized around those four areas, but with significant overlap across them.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for a senior counsel to join our corporate legal team.
- US qualified
- Minimum 7 years of experience post-qualification in a top-notch law firm, in-house legal team or governmental entity
- Proficiency level in English and Spanish
- Ability to handle a significantly wide and varied spectrum of corporate finance and regulatory matters typically dealt with in a corporate legal team of a globally significant financial institution like Santander.
More information https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/304676249/